Personal recommendations. Expect at least 80% non-stop music when there’s nothing mentioned about shows/presentation.
- Hotmixradio 80 – From France, playing general 80s mainstream.
- Absolute Radio 80s – From the UK, playing general 80s mainstream.
General 90s music (+ possibly surrounding years)
- Hotmixradio 90 – From France, playing, general 90s mainstream, but also late 80s and early 00s tracks fitting the format.
- Absolute Radio 90s – From the UK, playing general 90s mainstream and semi-alternative tracks.
- 1.fm Absolute 90s – Unknown heritage. A wide variety of mainstream 90s music. !!! Warning: You have to register with Facebook before you’re able to access this station at the website.
90s dance (+ possibly surrounding years)
- Double XX – From Belgium: Dance music of the late 80s and the early 90s. An amateur station with nice imaging.
- Planet 90 – From the Netherlands (Dutch spoken): A wide variety of commercial sounding 90s dance. Their database is huge and many tracks haven’t been chart hits. Besides a non-stop playlist, there are some shows broadcasted.
- Hotmixradio 2000 – From France, playing general 00s mainstream.
- Radio Tijdloos – From the Netherlands (Dutch spoken): Golden oldies, mostly 50s and 60s.
- Soma FM, Illinois Street Lounge – From the USA, playing exotica of the 40s/50s/60s.
- 192 Radio – From the Netherlands (Dutch spoken): Golden oldies, of the 60s and 70s. Sometimes presentation, when old shows are aired again.
- Extra Gold NL – From the Netherlands (Dutch spoken): Golden oldies, of the 60s, 70s and 80s – and sometimes more recent. Much presentation.
- KX Classics – From the Netherlands, and playing a wide variety of old music. Partly alternative, partly mainstream.
- KX Classics 80s & 90s – From the Netherlands. Semi-alternative format. When clicking the stream, it seems to be called ‘KX Classics – The Edge’, and besides 80s and 90s also playing music of the first half of the 00s.
- Nostalgie – From France, presenting many stations playing a wide variety of oldies. From French chansons to Italian classics and sunny party songs.
Black music of the old days
- Addicted To Radio, Old Skool Rap – From the USA, playing rap music of the 80s, 90s and a little bit of the early 00s.
- BMC Radio – From the Netherlands, playing funk, disco, soul and r&b of +/- 1970-2000, although it seems to focus on the first two decades. Contains some shows (but mostly it’s non-stop).
- Club DDD – From the Netherlands (Dutch spoken): 40 years of soul and disco. Mostly non-stop, sometimes presentation.
- WeFunk – From Canada: Hip hop, funk, soul and related styles. The stream consists of shows once created in the past (the oldest ones are of the early 00s) and sometimes a recent one. The WeFunk show is a part of the college station CKut, also interesting.