Personal recommendations. No info about shows/presentation means at least 80% non-stop music.
General 80s, 90s and 00s music
- Hotmixradio 80 – From France, playing general 80s mainstream. **
- Hotmixradio 90 – From France, playing, general 90s mainstream, but also late 80s and early 00s tracks fitting the format. **
- Hotmixradio 2000 – From France, playing general 00s mainstream. **
- 1.fm Absolute 90s – Unknown heritage. A wide variety of mainstream 90s music. !!! Important: You have to register with Facebook before you’re able to access this station at the website – which is the case here, because I can’t find a regular stream link. **
- Radio 80s Juice – From Italy: Mainstream 80s music (and some late 70s and early 90s fitting the format). The Radio Juice stations are amateur projects, btw.
Danceable (late) 80s, 90s and 00s music
- Addicted To Radio, 90’s Dance & Beyond – From the USA: Mainstream dance, released from the late 80s till the early 00s. Many commercials.
- Double XX – From Belgium: Dance music of the late 80s and the early 90s. An amateur station with nice imaging.
- Maxximum 90’s – From France: The 90s station of the Radio FG family. The better side of mainstream dance, mainly focussing on tracks released till the mid 90s.
- Planet 90 – From the Netherlands (Dutch spoken): A wide variety of commercial sounding 90s dance. Their database is huge and many tracks haven’t been chart hits. Besides a non-stop playlist, there are some shows broadcasted.
- Radio 90s Juice – From Italy: Mainstream 90s music + some late 80s and early 00s fitting the format. Most tracks are dance/hip hop/r&b.
- Radio 00s Juice – From Italy: Mainstream 00s music + some late 90s and early 10s fitting the format. Most tracks are dance/hip hop/r&b.
Danceable music, 70s and (early/mid) 80s
- BMC Radio – From the Netherlands, playing funk, disco, soul and r&b of +/- 1970-2000, although it seems to focus on the first two decades. Contains some shows (but mostly it’s non-stop).
- Club DDD – From the Netherlands (Dutch spoken): 40 years of soul and disco. Mostly non-stop, sometimes presentation.
- Radio Stad Den Haag – From The Netherlands: High energy, Italo, electro, disco. There are some shows broadcasted.
40s, 50s, 60s and/or 70s (except disco/funk stations)
- 192 Radio – From the Netherlands (Dutch spoken): Golden oldies of the 60s and 70s. Sometimes presentation, when old shows are aired again.
- Radio 70s Juice – From Italy: Mainstream 70s music (mainly).
- Radio Tijdloos – From the Netherlands (Dutch spoken): Golden oldies, mostly 50s and 60s.
- Illionois Street Lounge – From the USA, playing exotica of the 40s/50s/60s. It’s a station of the Soma FM family.
Old hip hop music + related styles
- Addicted To Radio, Old School Rap – From the USA, playing rap music of the 80s, 90s and a little bit of the early 00s. Many commercials.
- WeFunk – From Canada: Hip hop, funk, soul and related styles. The stream consists of shows once created in the past (the oldest ones are of the early 00s) and sometimes a recent one. The WeFunk show is a part of the college station CKut, also interesting.
Hard to categorize oldies stations
- Extra Gold – From the Netherlands (Dutch spoken): Golden oldies of the 60s till early 90s, and sometimes more recent songs. Much presentation.
- KX Classics – From the Netherlands, and playing a wide variety of old music. Partly semi-alternative, partly mainstream. Originally an idea of Dutch radio dj Rob Stenders.
- KX Classics 80s & 90s – From the Netherlands. Another Rob Stenders production. Semi-alternative format, mostly pop and rock but also other music. When clicking the stream, it seems to be called ‘KX Classics – The Edge’, and besides 80s and 90s also playing music of the first half of the 00s.
- Nostalgie (Antwerp) – From Belgium (Dutch spoken), playing a wide variety of oldies. There are more ‘Nostalgie’ stations, but the Belgian version is my favorite one. Much presentation. **